Caprock Patriot Mission
The Caprock Patriot is a print and online platform deigned to give Lubbock’s Conservative Christians a platform to have their voices heard. This is not ‘news’ in the traditional sense. This is YOUR newspaper with YOUR voice. You are the reporter and the editor. Instead of “news”, the Caprock Patriot will consist of original commentary and opinions submitted by local, regional and national Patriots – just like you!
Content submission on the Caprock Patriot should be related to Conservative and/or Christian viewpoints, events, news and opinions, not self-promotional. No jargon or corporate speak. Keep it interesting and conversational. Given the audience, user submitted content will NOT be accepted if it promotes hate, divisiveness, bigotry and the like. There’s too much of that already in the world. This is a place for opinions of every day Patriots to be presented (and read) in a respectful way.
The Caprock Patriot reserves the right to refuse content at will.
Please remember and respect that the audience is fellow Conservative Christians in Lubbock and beyond.
The following are required for submission to the Caprock Patriot.
- We accept any size content contribution. Ideal size is no more than 600 – 1000 words. Anything longer may be unacceptable for print and therefore posted online only. The Caprock Patriot reserves the right to edit as needed for space; not context.
- Articles longer than 1000 words may be printed or only placed online only due to print constraints; unless expressly approved in advance. Depends on how engaging the content is.
- Format for sharing:
- Share a Google doc, send in the body of an email, or send a Word doc. Copy must be in an editable format; we will reject any content that we have to re-type. The exception would be images and memes that we can simply use as is.
- Content must be original content by the author with the exception of memes
- Avoid big blocks of text.
- Keep paragraphs short. No longer than 4 lines.
- We adhere to the one space after the period philosophy, not two.
- When writing headlines be specific and indicate a benefit to the reader. Read “How to Write a Headline” if you need pointers.
- Use bullet or numbered lists.
- End the article with a question or a call to action for comments. The more specific, the better.
- All content submitted must include a minimum byline of full name, city and state
- Additional byline elements may be included such as: email address, website URL and a SHORT description/detail about the author
Links & Images:
- Link to other content whenever relevant. Every link included must add value for readers.
- We love images at the Caprock Patriot. We use them to break up text, make the blog post scannable and to support data. Ideally, we include one image at every scroll depth, so an image is always visible.
- Include one header image
- All post images must be at least 400px wide.
- NO STOCK PHOTOS (unless absolutely necessary, which is hardly ever).
- No copyrighted material.
- Include images that that support data or argument.
- Article intention: Articles are intended for informational purposes. All opinions expressed by authors and quoted sources are their own and may OR may not reflect the opinions of the publisher, staff or advertisers.
- Advertisers have no advance knowledge of editorial content, except as is publically available through published editorial calendars and promotions, and cannot influence editorial content or advertising policies.
- In consideration of publication of an article or advertisement on a the Caprock Patriot website(s), the author, advertiser or advertiser’s agency agree to indemnify and hold harmless Caprock Patriot/Rocking M Media and the company’s employees against expenses (including legal fees) and losses resulting from the publication of the contents of the advertisement, including, without limitation, claims or suits of libel, violation of privacy, copyright infringement or plagiarism.
- Caprock Patriot/Rocking M Media will not accept content or advertising that in the opinion of Caprock Patriot/Rocking M Media is not good taste.
- Most writing on this site consists of individual research and analysis by the author, and though the research in our published articles is believed to be accurate there is no guarantee that it is always so. Employee authors or paid contributors are required to disclose within or following the text of an article any investment interest in the stocks, companies, or other investment vehicles mentioned, but such interest will not be updated for older articles in the event that the author’s investment interests change. Readers who comment on the site or submit guest commentary, articles or reviews may or may not disclose any conflicts of interest they may have and their comments and reviews should be considered in that light.
- We reserve the right to monitor, remove or censor any undesirable, harassing, offensive or otherwise inappropriate material, or any material, and we may remove any user-submitted material at any time, but we can not guarantee that readers will not occasionally post such material. Readers who see something that they believe is inappropriate or offensive on the site should call it to our attention. We have no duty to withdraw any posts, reviews or comments submitted by readers or subscribers, other than posts which are called to our attention by the copyright owner as infringing on their rights, but we reserve the right to do so.